Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cooking recipes in a crookpot?

I really enjoy cooking with a crookpot because less work to do when you get home, any ideas and recipes to do in a crookpot?


I've done stuff like spag. sauce, different soups, pot roasts, stews chili etc... thanksCooking recipes in a crookpot?
go to www.flylady.net. They have a whole section full of great crock pot recipes! http://www.flylady.net/pages/FFT_SlowCoo鈥?/a> %26lt;==== here is the link! I have loved everything I have tried from the lists. I also have a great one somewhere here at the house for a chocolate pudding/cake that tastes awesome. Email me if you want it, and I will go chase it down. I think the barbecue chicken recipe they have is awesome, if you use a good sauce. I use bullseye, but i am from Texas so maybe if you are a northerner then you prefer kraft which is much more vinegary? Hope this helps!Cooking recipes in a crookpot?
I found a few that look really good on the site below. Also, the second link is for apple cobbler. I'm gonna give it a try this week. If worse comes to worse, do a Yahoo search for crockpot recipes. There are TONS of them out there!
Try using simple foods, trust me they will give you the best results. Try chicken, beef, pork and add lots of tasty veggies.
Try cornish game hens, one bird serves two people





Wonderful for corned beef!





Fall apart pork roast
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.asp鈥?/a>


January is crockpot month.
a burglar or bank robber
I make Hungarian Goulash, Chili Verde, Hawaiian Pork, Pulled pork for BBQ.
corned beef/silver side, YUM!!!


Just cook the vegies when you get home from work.


I just put water and the meat but some people put brown sugar and vinegar in with it.


The meat is so tender it melts in your mouth.
a chicken
I make ribs like Qmama does, and they are great in a crock pot. There are many recipes on recipezaar.com and other websites that are also worth looking at. My favorite is to cook chicken or pork. I just get a pork shoulder roast, season with s/p and cook on low overnight, and then take out meat, refrigerate and have it when I get home. Or I start the crock pot in early morning, cook 8 hours on low and dinner is ready when I get home. I serve the pork with mashed potatoes and a salad. Even these can be bought (add water to potatoes mix) and a bag of salad. Easy-peasy!
Crockpots are the working woman's miracle invention. There are some really great crock pot cook books out there you should check out amazon.com.





One recipe I like is boneless country style pork ribs, put them in with one or two bottles of your favorite bbq sauce (I like to doctor mine up with brown sugar and garlic powder), big pieces of cut onion and cut up garlic cloves. Throw it all in, enough sauce to cover, and let it go. The meat practically falls apart. Serve with rice, noodles, or potatoes and my guys like good bread to dip in the extra sauce.
I make meatballs or meatloaf

No comments:

Post a Comment