Monday, December 28, 2009

Good recipes when cooking for one?

I'm a college student, and live by myself. I'm a good cook, but it's just so hard to cook portions for one. I hate to waste food so I end up rarely cooking anything. I want to be healthy and eating out and fast food just isn't the way to do it. So I want to start cooking for myself again. Does anyone know any recipes that are good for one person, doesn't have to be too quick and easy. Thanks!Good recipes when cooking for one?
When I lived alone and shopped on a budget right after college, the freezer used to be my best friend! I would buy the smallest portions of meats and put one portion in the refrigerator and freeze the rest seperately in freezer bags. It's great to have hamburgers because you can form them before you put them in the freezer. Then you just thaw them and it's ready to go. I also used to cut recipes in half or in fourth (this works great with almost any pasta dish) Another thing I did was to find recipes that only made two portions and take the second portion for lunch at work. Good luck!Good recipes when cooking for one?
Egg and Crumpets.


2 large organic eggs


sea salt and freshly ground black pepper


1 fresh red chill, deseeded and very finely chopped


6 rashers of good quality smoked bacon


olive oil


4 round crumpets


Brown sauce or maple syrup, to serve





This is for two, but you can see how easy it would be to alter for one.





The below site is recipes for two but you will soon alter them to suit
When I lived alone, the secret was to make left-overs.


Start with a batch of spaghetti sauce, right out of the can.


Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, whatever you like.


Serve it over pasta with cut up sausage the first night.


Turn it into meat sauce %26amp; make a small lasagna to keep.


Bake a pork-chop, chicken leg, or spare-ribs in it BBQ style.


Turn it into chili with a can of kidney beans %26amp; spices.


Serve the chili over rice, with mixed veggies stirred in.


Get those bags of mixed salad greens %26amp; add veggies.
That is next to impossible


I have been trying for 25+ years


I toss it,,, now that MY dog is gone..


Get a roommate... NO get 3..


the best recipes are aimed at the family of 4..


鈽篘O come on over,,, I have some good recipes books 鈽?鈽?br>




You do know that fast food IS really healthy...!!


so be real about what you expect..


I have the nutritional facts for at least 5


McD's Taco bell old spaghetti factory ????
You can buy frozen individual entrees and add a side veggie or salad as you like. Otherwise just buy small quantities of everything, as I do for 2 people. If you have a freezer compartment, divide in half for another day.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_qe_me鈥?/a>





hope you find something you like.





Also Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals have recipes that can be easily cut down.
you should eat lean cuisine meals or kashi frozen meals or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment