Thursday, December 24, 2009

What have you discovered about yourself since answering questions in Cooking and recipes?

I have discovered I have some food issues. I never thought I was picky, but it turns out, I'm very much so. I also learned I have some texture issues with foods.


What about you, any new discoveries that came from being on Y/A?What have you discovered about yourself since answering questions in Cooking and recipes?
I love to cook, but since answering questions I have found out that I would like to do this professionally. I currently work as an event planner, and I think I would like to do this as my own event planning business and cater as well.





I have also learned to be more considerate of other's questions. When I first see a question that sounds so simple to me, I have always thought who wouldn't know how to do that? However, there are people who genuinely do not know how, and I'm happy that I could help them out.What have you discovered about yourself since answering questions in Cooking and recipes?
Good question -- well, after 40 years of cooking, realized that I am not very adventurous as far as seasoning. So, I guess I am picky as well. It was also interesting to discover that I add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to just about everything I make -- LOL!





And, it is so interesting to see other answers to questions and how all of us make basically the same recipes just a little bit different. Seeing other responses has helped me tweak my family recipes and make what was good even better.
I have learned a lot more about seasoning food. I always follow the recipe the first time and then rearrange to suit my family. I have learned to take my time and make more complicated dishes and I really enjoy it and so does my husband. I am amazed at the people who want great easy and quick meals. You have to take some time once in awhile and make a really great meal.
I've discovered (not necessarily about myself, but about people in general) that people are extremely passionate (and often somewhat closed-minded) about vegetarianism -- on both sides.





I'm a meat eater, but I respect the veggie way of life...it's just not for me. But veggies can be almost as ';down your throat'; as religious fanatics!! And some of the meat eaters can be just as bad.
I have found that yes I am a good cook but there is so much more to be learned. I have thought about culinary education but still weighing the options and may do it yet. We shall see. I appreciate all the input you receive no matter what questions you may ask. Great question.
i have learned that from being in culinary arts classes for 4 years i have gained a knowledge about food that is incredible. i love helping ppl out with their food issues. its nice to help ppl.





this is a great question.
I never knew so many people were so afraid to deviate from printed recipes. It's a shame really, because that's how great food is made, often by not following a recipe.
I've discovered I know a lot about food and drink and am happy to share that knowledge with others. I also realise that there are a lot of people who know nothing or next to noting about the subject!
lol nice question well i learned that i'm a better cook than half the people on here i mean someone asked how to scramble eggs lol and i thought i was bad geesh... but its all in good spirits
I've learned that it's really hard to give someone a recipe when you never measure anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment