Monday, December 28, 2009

Left over recipes...cooking on a budget?

I need to budget my money right now.





Looking in my freezer I have some cooked meats and I wanted to know if anyone had some cheap and easy recipes ideas that could help me out.





I have some cooked pork from pork chops and country ribs.





I also have some cooked beef, left over from a roast.





I don鈥檛 want any extravagant recipes, I鈥檓 needing to save some money so inexpensive meals are a plus.





Thanks for your help.Left over recipes...cooking on a budget?
pork chops or roast beef (not both) shredded and served over rice with brown gravy.





stew the roast beef about an hour. Shred it and mixed with some BBQ sauce (or salsa) - served on buns





cube the pork and beef, put in a pot with 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 cup of water, and 1 can of mixed vegetables. Stew for about 30 minutes. Add 1/2 cup rice and cook covered for about 20 more. Soup!





Dice the pork chops. Make ramen. Put the pork in the ramen and eat.Left over recipes...cooking on a budget?
I use leftover pork to make sweet and sour stir fry, whatever veggies like onion, peppers, mushrooms, canned water chestnuts, in a sauce with equal amounts of sugar and vinegar, half that amount of soy sauce, ground ginger, or not, and alittle corn starch to thicken.
make a pie or sheppards pie with left over roast meat, chop it up, add cooked veges and gravy, pour into a dish and top with mashed potato,
I love leftovers and have actually made leftover meals from leftovers.


Cook some onion, add the meat in bite size pieces and heat it up. Add a can of cream soup like mushroom or celery. Add half a soup can of milk and heat it up. Can put in some frozen peas.


In the meantime cook some noodles, any kind.


When they are cooked put the noodles on a plate and put the meat sauce over them.


Or you can mix the noodles and meat sauce together in the pan and serve it like that.


You can sprinkle some shredded cheese on top if you like cheese.


My family always likes this kind of dish.
These are recipes using stuff you have... Pretty good sounding, I might add.





http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,le鈥?/a>





http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=leftov鈥?/a>
I saute the veggies ( whatever I have in the frig) in butter and then throw in the meat. Once warm add the rice and some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. BBQ works too.





The cooked beef you can shred and warm in a crock pot with some BBQ. BBQ beef sandwiches are quick and easy. This works with the ribs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment